Sunday, June 19, 2005

i've been tagged!

Thanks, Miss Sunny Tanya =)

1. Total number of books I own:
53 here in my little studio apartment with me. If you include everything on shelves and packed away in boxes at my parents' house? I couldn't begin to count...
Okay, time for a little tangent... My senior year of undergrad, I was in my advisor's office. My advisor was a fairly young professor, but still, probably at least in his mid-30s. He had a wife and a couple of kids, seemed pretty settled down. I noticed that he had a few boxes that weren't there before. He said, "Oh, my mom just shipped me the rest of my books from home." That'll be me in about 10 years =)

2. The last book I bought
Saint Thomas Aquinas and Saint Francis of Assisi by G. K. Chesterton. Bought on the advice of my dad.

3. The last book I read
The Grim Grotto: Book 11 of a Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket. I love kids' books!

4. Five books that mean a lot to me
Lilith by George MacDonald - obviously
Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien - My favorite book(s) since the first time I read them in 6th or 7th grade
The Bible - "mean a lot" is an understatement here
The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand - This book played an important role in shaping my outlook on life. 'Though not, I think, in the way that Ayn Rand intended.
Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen - for my sister, my Marianne =)

5. Tag five other people, and have them do this on their blogs.
I don't think I know 5 other bloggers that haven't already been tagged. I'll tag a few people, and maybe they'll post this. If not, visit their blogs anyway because I like them.
I would be interested to hear what Amanda has to say.
I just discovered Pig Wot Flies today and don't know much about her, but anyone who likes Amelie and Garden State and has a post entitled "leptons and mesons and quarks, oh my!" must be pretty awesome.
And Masti Girl doesn't know I have a blog, so I'll have to get around to telling her one day so that she knows I tagged her.

No comments: