Sunday, April 23, 2006

all the (mostly meaningless) answers

Clayton at The Weight of Glory had this on his blog, and I thought it looked like fun.

Instructions: Go to your music player of choice and put it on shuffle. Say the following questions aloud, and press play. Use the song title as the answer to the question. NO CHEATING.

How does the world see you? Always Love (Nada Surf)
I wish that were true! By the grace of God, one day...

Will I have a happy life? Pies Descalzos, Suenos Blancos [Bare Feet, White Dreams] (Shakira)
Seems to be a song about Adam & Eve taking the forbidden fruit in the Garden of Eden... but as I am learning from the Easter Exultet: "O happy fault! O necessary sin of Adam, which gained for us so great a redeemer!" When even my sins and failings are transformed by the love of Christ, how can I fail to have a happy life!

What do my friends really think of me? Father of Lights (Vineyard)
Umm…. What?

What do people secretly think of me? Someone Searching (Ginny Owens)

How can I be happy? Jind Mahi (Malkit Singh)
No clues there… apparently I have to learn Hindi to find out.

What should I do with my life? Climb On a Back That’s Strong (Caedmon’s Call)
Amen!

Will I ever have children? Independence Day (Mel C)

What is some good advice for me? Barrel of a Gun (Guster)
Oh my.

How will I be remembered? 40 Acres (Caedmon’s Call)

What is my signature dancing song? The Healing Time (Smoke Ring Days)

What do I think my current theme song is? Weather with You (Crowded House)
Actually… that’s true, though perhaps a little out of date. I even had it on my AIM profile from January till just recently... when I replaced it with the words from the Easter Exultet (see above).

What does everyone else think my current theme song is? Hotel California [Spanish Mix] (Gypsy Kings)
Funny in all sorts of ways.

What song will play at my funeral? Do It Again (Nada Surf)
Back to the Hindu theme with reincarnation, perhaps?

What type of men/women do you like? Walk Down This Mountain (Bebo Norman)

What is my day going to be like? Priidite, poklonimsya [O come, let us worship] (from the Rachmaninoff Vespers)
More than appropriate for a Sunday!

1 comment:

timmus said...

hi
i love you
i thought you might like to know that i exist here